What is Bid For Power?
Bid For Power (BFP) is a quake 3 total conversion. We have taken quake 3 and used it to create a new game. In order to play BFP, you would normally need the full retail version of Quake 3 Arena, but you are lucky a team like DigitalZone exists:
BFP used to have Dragonball Z Models & Maps. But since FUNimation got ~censored~ and didn't allow DBZ characters to be used they had to be taken out.
We, DigitalZone have brought them back to you in the newest version of BFP 1.2. We have added more than 80 DBZ original models for BFP and we've taken out the 6 Non-DBZ models. We've also added numerous original DBZ Maps. In total you'll have 25 maps..
- 81 different selectable characters, each with 5 attacks.
- 25 maps, mostly DBZ original maps!
- Loads of different ki attacks including controllable, homing, and chargeable attacks (no guns).
- Toggleable flight.
- Offhand melee combat
- Re-"charge"able ki energy for ammo, flight, and speed/power boost.
- Power level determines the strength of attacks, speed of movement, max health, max ki, ki charge rate, and what attacks are available.
- 5 different game modes: FFA, 1v1, Team DM, Last Man Standing Team DM, and Giant Monkey mode.
- Numerous new player animations.
- Head and full body transformations, selectable aura, ki trail, scalable attacks, big explosions, playable third person mode, first person vis mode.
How do I play a multi-player game?
This game is designed to be played multiplayer (LAN recommended). From the main menu, click on the "multiplayer" button. BFP will scan all of the quake 3 arena servers and display any BFP servers that it finds. Once a BFP server is found, highlight it, click accept and the game will connect to the server.
NOTE: You will barely find any BFP server that uses DBZ characters. But if this release becomes very popular maybe you'll find some.
Is there a single-player game?
Just barely. This game is intended to be played multi-player. A single player game can be played with the BOTS, but we recommend playing against real people.
Game details - Getting to know the game!
(read only IF you wanna get to know the game)
Viewpoint is how you see the game while you play it. You have your choice of 3 different viewpoints for playing BFP. To switch between the views, use the BFP Options menu.
- Third Person: The model is seen from the outside. Unlike the standard quake 3 third person view, in BFP the crosshair is visible, and the angle is changed to create less blocking of the view. Cvars cg_thirdPersonAngle and cg_thirdPersonRange have had their cheat protection removed, and cg_thirdPersonHeight was added for additional customization.
- First Person Vis: First person where your own model is drawn. Your viewpoint is positioned on the model's eyes, and you can see your own arms and legs while fighting.
- First Person: The standard first person quake 3 view.
Power level is how strong you are. Power level determines max health, max ki, movement speed, damage caused by attacks, and which attacks are available to use. The only way to get more power is to kill someone. When you die (in most game modes), your power level is reset to the average of all current power levels. When the game ends or the server restarts, the power level of the players is reset to the default.
Power level is divided into tiers. While most power level effects are based on the power level itself, aura color and attacks available is determined by the tier.
- Tier 1: < src="http://www.moddb.com/images/cache/mods/95/9513/gallery/water_65410.jpg" alt="Image" title="Image" border="0" width="454">
When a player's power level hits 1 million, the transformation happens. The aura color turns yellow, and if the character has a transformation it occurs. Other than the benefits from increased power level, there is no additional benefit of the transformation.
Ki is your stamina. Ki is used as ammunition for the ki attacks. Additionally, ki can be used to increase power, speed, jumping height, and special attacks by using the boost key. Ki can be charged in order to replenish it at any time by holding down the charge key. Beware, while charging you can not move or attack, and are highly visible to other players.
BFP has a toggleable flight button. The default is "f" but it can be set in the controls menu. To begin flying, simply press f once, and once again to stop flying. While flying, you are able to move to wherever you look. The jump key will make you move up, and the crouch key will make you move down. Your ki drains at a steady rate. At low power levels you will need to limit your flight, while at high power levels you can fly all day. A large speed boost is gained by holding down the boost key.
To engage in melee combat, hold down the melee key and put the crosshairs over your opponent. If you are close range, then you will start beating on him. If you are long range, you will dive at the bad guy for a strike. To add extra knock back and stun your opponent, hold down the boost key while melee fighting.
While in hit stun, the player can not move, attack, block, or charge. 1 second of hit stun is added when the player runs out of ki. 3 seconds of hit stun is added when melee is used in combination with the boost key. Do not overlook this feature. Being able to knock people into hit stun with ki-boosted melee is one of the keys to being good at BFP.
*The melee stun can be avoided by holding melee while you are attacked.
*Hit stun can be ended by teleporting after one second.
BFP includes controlled short-range teleportation that is performed by double-tapping right or left movement keys. If right or left is tapped twice while moving forward, then the teleport moves in a diagnal forward direction. Teleporting diagnally backward direction can be done by moving backwards and then tapping left or right twice. Teleport is useful for dodging attacks, and can be used to break out of hit stun after 1 second.
Pressing block once grants the player between one and two seconds of blocking. Blocking drains ki quickly, but transfers all damage to ki instead of health. Blocking can also be used to deflect missile attacks. There is a one second delay between when the player stops blocking and when the player can block again.
Each character has 5 attacks. At the lowest power tier, the player only has one selectable attack. Each time the player advances to a new power tier, he gets a new selectable attack. By default, each of the numeric keys, 1-5, choose a different attack. Only one attack can be selected at a time, but switching between attacks is instant.
- standard attacks: hold down fire and you fire.
- charge-up attacks: hold down fire to start charging the attack, release fire to fire.
- minimum charge-up attacks: same as charge-up attacks, but with a minimum charge-up time. The ball of ki will appear in the player's hands once he is prepared to fire.
- beam attacks: a type of charge-up attack. Can only fire one beam at a time. After firing, you can aim the attack by moving the mouse, or detonate it by hitting fire again.
- homing attacks: these attacks will home in on the nearest opponent.
Unlike quake 3 attacks, BFP attacks are more than just a trajectory. Attacks have actual dimensions, and will explode on contact with players. If an attack looks 50' wide, it will hit any players who come within 25' of the center of the attack. Mid-air attack collisions also happen. Two attacks that collide will damage each other, and the stronger attack will cause the other to explode. The exception is any beam attack, which enters into a power struggle when hitting another beam attack, and will explode any non-beam attack except for the disk attacks and the deathball.
When two beam attacks collide, a power struggle will happen. Instead of the stronger beam blowing up the weaker beam, the stronger beam will push back the weaker beam until it hits the other player. Ki boost can be used to up the power of your beam if you are losing a power struggle. The Death Ball is an exception among the missile attacks, and can be used in a power struggle.
- Death Match: Players start at ~50,000 PL. Additional PL is gained for each kill. On death, the PL of the player resets to the average of all other PLs.
- Tourney: Same rules as DM, but with only two players at a time.
- Survival: This is a faster paced tourney mode. Two players fight. When one player dies, he is removed from the fight and the spectator who has been waiting longest enters the game. The winner does not get healed in between rounds, and the scores of spectators are visible. The first player to reach the fraglimit is the winner, and the map restarts in order to set the spawn power level back to the g_basepl setting.
- Team DM: Same rules as DM, but with teams.
- Team LMS: Last Man Standing. If you've ever played clan arena you should know this mode. Players start at 1 mil PL, and players who die can not respawn until the next round.game download
www.dbz-powers.com الباسوورد لفك الضغط